I am a British artist and designer. I use technology to make the unimaginable come to life. Inventing new approaches that explore play, human behaviour and engagement through interaction design and the visual arts.
My works and collaborations have been commissioned by the BBC, Barbican, FACT, Design Museum London and Science Gallery Dublin, and shown by British Council Japan, MoMA and Kinetica Art Fair.
I am also the author of the Pixelsumo blog and co-founder of event series This Happened.
In 2012 I formed Cowly Owl, a new studio creating playful digital toys and apps to bring families together.
To create installations, digital toys, play spaces and experiences for everyone, that take us out of the everyday and fill us with joy and wonder.
My works aim to:
– be immersive and participatory
– stimulate curiosity, allow us to make believe, explore and discover our imaginations
– encourage creativity and our own confidence in self expression
– let us collaborate with others and to become a performer
– allow us think differently about ourselves and others, challenging our existing perspectives
– get us moving our bodies in unusual ways
– make us smile
To give these experiences not just to visitors of museums & galleries, but also to the hard to reach,
through hospitals, sensory rooms, schools, play centres and public spaces.